Royal International Air Tattoo 2017 Selection
  • Hi

I thought I'd drop a few images from this years RIAT for you to have a look at.The weather wasn't brilliant this year but it did make for some interesting shots with vapour forming on the fast jets.

Just a small selection, if you want to see more, go to my Flickr page for more, www.flickr.com/photos/juslaughter/

Cheers
    RIAT2017-172.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 363K
    RIAT2017-154.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 302K
    RIAT2017-141.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 305K
    RIAT2017-140.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 614K
    RIAT2017-129.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 883K
    RIAT2017-104.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 719K
    RIAT2017-121.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 738K
  • Looks like that stealth bomber is covered with denim!!!
  • Some great pictures, the helicopter looks as if it's in a war zone!
    David
  • Super images Julian, presumably these were with you Canon gear. I particularly like the last 4, as David says, the helicopter looks like a scene from the Vietnam war!
  • Thanks both, delighted with the Apache shot although I was hoping it would fly through the smoke so I could get the vortices off the rotors. Can't complain though ;o)
  • Cracking pictures, wonder if Riat would do a discount if a group booked?
  • Fantastic images Julian! The detail is amazing. Would love to join a group outing if you go next year!
  • These are super Julian. I also looked on Flickr. A great set
  • Thanks all for your comments, it means a lot.

RIAT is the largest airshow in Europe and is probably the best place to see and photograph current and historic aircraft from all over the world. We think of it as a holiday as we camp from the Thursday to Monday, meaning we can watch some of the arrivals and validation flights on Thursday, sit on Totterdown Hill on Friday for the mini-display, 2 days on base for the full displays and then pack up and watch some of the departures on Monday.

This year we tested out sitting in the Grandstand, when normally we try to sit "on the rope". I have to say I got a better view from the stand, although the cost is extra to the cost of the day ticket.

It may be worth the club thinking about a group day but I would recommend a 2 day session, due to the weather. This year, the weather was pretty poor on the Saturday so some of the display items like the F22 Raptor did not fly but the weather was better on Sunday so pretty much everything flew.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion